Board certified personal injury trial lawyer with an over 40-year record of successful results, including many in excess of over $1 million.
Attorney Clay Dugas
Experienced, Dedicated & Relentless
Everyone knows that in any profession, the most trusted practitioners are those who have earned their stripes through hard work and successful outcomes. Attorney Clay Dugas is a man who fully represents that concept in the area of personal injury law. At Dugas Law Firm, we are proud to serve under the leadership of such an example of total commitment to the protection and well-being of our clients and our entire Southeast Texas community.
After graduating from Baylor University School of Law, Attorney Clay Dugas began practicing law in 1981. Since that time, he has gone on to achieve many successes, honors, and accolades. In 1992, he earned Board Certification in Personal Injury Trial Law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization which makes him an “expert” in his field. Our firm has subsequently handled over 250 jury trials. Many of our verdicts and settlements have broken records for Southeast Texas and we take on cases have ranged from medical birth defect claims to industrial accidents, maritime incidents, multiple fatality trucking accidents, electrocutions, drownings, and falls. Mr. Dugas is especially dedicated to making America’s highways safer for all drivers by doggedly going after commercial trucking companies that break the rules and endanger the public. He specializes in personal injury cases involving 18-wheeler accidents, wrongful deaths, and workplace and industrial accidents.
In his spare time, Mr. Dugas pursues numerous charitable activities including summer youth camps, Semper Fi, Living Water, Wounded Warriors, and Family Services of Southeast Texas. Mr. Dugas has previously served on Habitat for Humanity’s Board of Directors. He is married to Shannon LeDoux Dugas, and they have four kids: Frances, Will, Alex, and Logan.
Awards & Accolades
- 2019: Top 20 Verdicts in Texas in All Practice Areas - Click Here
- 2019, 2023: The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Top One Percent of Attorneys in Nation - Click Here
- 2019-2021, 2023 Best Law Firms, U.S. News & World Report
- 2005 - 2023: AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2007 and 2008: American Trial Lawyer’s Association Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- 2008 – 2023: Texas Super Lawyers®
- 2014, 2015, 2017: Best Lawyers in America®
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys Certification
- Trial Lawyers Board of Regents Litigator Award
- Appearing for nine consecutive years in “Record Verdicts and Settlements”
- 10/10 Avvo Rating
- BBB Accredited Firm
Associations & Memberships
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1992
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Texas Bar Association
- The Litigation Counsel of America
- National Citizen’s Coalition For Nursing Home Reform
- American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children
Help is just a phone call away. Contact Attorney Clay Dugas at (409) 226-0990
Attorney Clay Dugas is certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has litigated countless cases in states from coast to coast.
At Dugas Law Firm, we are in the business of providing protection, guidance, and ultimately, results.
Awards & Certifications
Focused On Our Clients
"Attorney Dugas and his staff were always professional, responsive, and truly had my best interest at heart."Kylie
I believe he always had my best interest in mind and would recommend him to anyone.Jerry
"Attorney Dugas is a gifted, highly skilled experienced attorney."Anonymous
Over Four Decades of Trial Experience
Over 250 Jury Trial Cases
More than 100 Million-Dollar Results
Our Clients Don't Pay Unless We Win
Expertise in 18-Wheeler Accidents
Client-Centric Legal Representation